Bring a favourite delicacy of Japanese baking into your home with this easy yakisoba pan recipe. Available all over Japan in convenience stores and bakeries, yakisoba pan contrasts the soft sponginess of a brioche hot dog bun with the intense savoury flavour and slippery yet slightly chewy texture of freshly-prepared yakisoba noodles. These are perfect for making ahead of time and taking to work or school for lunch.
|Pre-cooked yakisoba noodles||2 Packs|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 Tbsp|
|Medium onion, thinly sliced||1/2 Pcs|
|Medium carrots, thinly sliced||2 Pcs|
|Cabbage thinly sliced||1/4 Head|
|Yakisoba sauce||6 Tbsp|
|Hot dog buns||6 Pcs|
|Red pickled ginger|
- In a bowl of hot water, loosen the yakisoba noodles. Then drain.
- Heat some vegetable oil in medium frying pan on medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and carrots and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent and brown.
- Add the cabbage to the frying pan and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes. Then add the pepper.
- Add the yakisoba noodles to the pan and then pour 80ml water over the mixture and place a lid on top. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer until all the water has evaporated.
- Add the yakisoba sauce. Stir-fry the noodles and mix until the sauce is evenly distributed. Remove from the heat.
- Slice each brioche bun in half, and then fill with some yakisoba noodles. Sprinkle with green nori sprinkles and top with the pickled ginger. Serve and enjoy.