Give a simple salad side dish a little Japanese magic with this seaweed and bean salad recipe. Most Japanese garden salads contain a little seaweed, giving them a unique umami quality that garden salads in the Western world often lack. As well as that, the salad dressing has a Japanese rice vinegar base, which adds the slightest hint of sweetness. Enjoy this salad as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
|Onion, peeled and finely diced
|Cucumber , cut into small cubes
|Baby radishes, finely sliced
|Medium carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
|Mixed peppers, cut into small cubes
|Celery stick, finely sliced
|Japanese rice vinegar
|Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse the beans in cold water and drain.
- Place the dried wakame in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes. Then drain and remove any excess water.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and mix well. Serve chilled as a delicious salad to any meal.