Learn how to make one of the most recognisable flavours in Japanese cuisine with this easy salmon teriyaki recipe. Made with soy sauce and mirin rice wine, teriyaki sauce is sweet, savoury, and a little sticky, and beautifully complimenting many types of meat, seafood, and vegetables. Enjoy this flavoursome salmon dish as a main meal, with a side of rice and salad.
|Salmon steaks||2 Pcs|
|Soy Sauce||100 Ml|
|Grated ginger||1 Tsp|
|Spring Onions||1-2 Pcs|
- To make the teriyaki sauce, mix the soy sauce and the mirin together in a saucepan.
- Add sugar and ginger to the mix and slowly bring to the boil.
- Sprinkle salt lightly on both side of the salmon and leave for 10 minutes and pat dry. Sprinkle a little of flour on one side of salmon and spread evenly and do the other side as well. Gently remove excess flour.
- In a frying pan, add the oil and start cooking the salmon until it is nearly cooked.
- You can now add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and marinate the salmon in it while it finishes cooking.
- Serve the salmon with some chopped spring onions and a side portion of rice and vegetables for a great Japanese meal.